Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- AIR JORDAN 5 RETRO PREMIUM Size 10.5 DS 100% Authentic 881432-305 W REC
- Nike Men's Air Max 2014 11.5 621077-103 White Hot Yellow Volt Neon 360 90 95 OG
- Nike Lebron 9 IX Elite Home White gold Ix South Beach Size 9
- NIKE PG 2.5 PENDLETON TV PE 2 -NO BOX LID-SZ US MEN'S 9 WMNS 10.5 (C19284 899)
- Puma Rihanna Fenty Hi Top Trainer Black Women’s US Size 7.5 Msrp 190
- NIKE JUVENATE WOVEN valuable size from japan (4740
- Nike Men's Air Huarache Drift Athletic Snickers Running Training shoes
- Nike Men's RN Flyknit 2017 Running shoes 880843-405 Royal bluee Size 11
- WOMENS AIR MAX PLUS SE BLACK SIZE UK2.5 US5 CM22 EUR35.5 862201-003
- Adidas nmdr1 primeknit shoes men's RETAIL 170 New Size 9 Dead Stock only 75
- Adidas Women's Equipment Support ADV Sneakers in Ice Purple, US 8
- Nike 848692-033 Air Jordan 12 XII Retro Wings Limited Edition shoes 11,973 12000
- Nike Vandal High Supreme CNVS QS AH8605-800 Bright Ceramic “DOC BROWN SHIPS NOW
- Men's New Balance 574 Casual shoes Black ML574EGK 001
- ASICS Gel-Mai Knit Sneakers - White - Mens
- NEW Adidas Men’s Athletic Sneakers Barricade Classic Bounce Tennis shoes
- Sale Adidas Cf Lite Racer running sneakers core black
- Adidas Originals Zx Flux Deep Forest Forest Green B34139 Sz 10.5 US 10 UK EUC
- Adidas Alphabounce EM BW1203 Men's Running shoes Size 10.5 BW1203
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with