Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Nike Air Safari LE Size 11 Grey blueee Black Elephant Mens Running shoes 371740-040
- Nike Air Terra Humara 18 Mens Size 11 Hiking shoes Olive Grey Deep AO1545 003
- Nike Air Max 270 Mens BV2523-100 White Black Red Mesh Running shoes Size 11
- Men's Nike Air Max 97 BW shoes - Metallic gold White Black University Red
- Nike Flex Experience Running shoes
- Mens Size 13 Nike Air Max 90 Black bluee 325018-019
- NEW WMNS SZ 8.5 NIKE AIR MAX 97 SE (AQ4137 300) MICA Green White Black
- Men's ADIDAS PureBOOST DPR S80993 Running Training Sneaker SZ 7.5 Black White
- Adidas P18u low shoe women sneakers BY9140 SUPERSTAR BW3S SLIPON W
- NEW BALANCE MT580MBK 9.5 BLACK WHITE. ELITE EDITION. WANTED PACK. 990 580 WINGS
- Adidas Lux Low 677548 Luxury Yellow Black Leather Basketball shoes Men's 10.5
- Mens Adidas Originals Pharrell Williams PW Tennis HU Icey bluee CP9764 Size 7.5
- Men’s Adidas EQT Support Ultra PK bluee Yellow Size 10.5
- Adidas Men's STAN SMITH CQ3091 Trace orange Casual Sneakers
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with