Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Nike Zoom Vapor RF X AM 95 Greedy Size 14 In Hand Free Shipping
- NIKE SB ZOOM ZOOM BLAZER MID QS TRAINERS AH6158090 LANCE MOUNTAIN
- Nike Air Jordan 1 Rebel XX OG 'Top 3' AT4151-001 Women's Size 6-9
- Adidas Originals SuperStar Pride Pack shoes White Rainbow CM7802 Multi Size
- Adidas DB2434 Unisex-Kids X Tango 18.4 Turf Soccer shoes- Choose SZ color.
- Puma RS 100 SNBK bluee White Black Men SZ 8 - 13
- ASICS GEL KAYANO TRAINER KNIT SZ 8.5 CARBON BLACK HN7M4 9790
- Nike Air Max 90 Premium Oregon Ducks DB off white yellow 838767 100 MEN 8
- Nike Air Max 95 No-Sew Men's Running, Cross Training Sneakers 616190-007 SZ 12
- Nike Air Griffey Max 1 QS Ken Jr. Prez Men's Size 7 Vote For DS
- Mens Nike Train Speed 4 843937-600 Action Red NEW Size 12
- Nike MD Runner 2 Low 844857-010 Black Sail Anthracite Mens US size 11,
- Nike Womens Air Force 1 High LX Just Do It Sneakers AO5138-001
- Adidas NMD Racer Monaco Primeknit Whitaker shoes Men's Size 10.5 White AC8233
- Adidas Ultraboost X Performance Women's Running shoes
- NEW Balance 880v7 Men's Size 10.5 Bright bluee Cushioning Running shoes M880bw7
- Nike Air Jordan III 3 Retro BLACK CEMENT COOL GREY WHITE FIRE RED 136064-010 13
- US10.5 NIKE AIR JORDAN 5 RETRO HORNETS with black tag unused rare from japan 1O
- Men's Nike Air Jordan 13 Retro Bred 414571-004
- 100% auth BNIB NIKE the 10 air max 90 black white off white virgil abloh 6 5.5
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with