Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Nike Dunk High Sz 8 White University bluee Obsidian 317982 412 RARE 01 2010
- Nike Air Jordan Hare 7
- NIKE MEN'S KAISHI 2.0 SHOES black white 833411 010
- MEN'S NIKE AIR MAX SEQUENT 3 SHOES grey black volt glow 921694 007 MSRP 100
- Nike WOMEN'S Dunk Sky Hi QS DISCO BALL HIDDEN WEDGE SIZE 5.5 NEW EXTREMELY RARE
- ADIDAS Supernova m, Men's Size 12.5 D,VistaGrey CoreBlack Unitybluee BA9933 NEW
- Nike Air Jordan Retro 6 VI Black Infrared 384664 023 size 8.5
- DS NIKE AIR JORDAN RETRO V 5 LS sz 9 314259 041 Supreme SPNY Sup OVO BOOST
- Pre-Owned Nike Air Jordan XX 20 Mens Size 16 White Black Red Sneakers 310455-161
- NEAR DEAD STOCK NIKE AIR JORDAN 13 (XIII) IN THE RARE WHEAT COLORWAY RARE SZ14
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with