Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Nike Lil Penny Posite PRM QS Allstar NOLA Gumbo Sneaker Size 12 652121 001
- Men 9Us Air Jordan Whyzero 1 Pfx
- Nike Air Jordan 15 XV Retro PSNY Woven Olive Green Size 8.5. ao2568-200
- Nike Jeter Re2pect Air Jordan Flight Flex 715855-402 (04 09 14) Size 12
- Nike Womens Air Huarache City Low Particle pink AH6804-600 NO BX TOP
- Bling Nike Revolution 4 Women's shoes w Swarovski Crystal Swoosh - Black & White
- Adidas POD-S3.1 Core Black Men Size 8.5 shoes
- Adidas sneakers Edgebounce Women's Running shoes
- NEW 2002 NIKE AIR JORDAN 7 VII RETRO WHITE FRENCH blueE FLINT GREY MENS SIZE 9
- NEW BALANCE DTLR X S JUDE X MEN SIZE 8.5 NEWBURGUNDY COMFORT RUNNING AUTHENTIC
- Puma Muse Satén Ep Zapatilla Deportiva women pink F12
- Nike Dunk Low Mens Trainers 904234 601 Sneakers shoes
- NIKE AIR MAX 95 BIG LOGO NS GPX MENS TRAINERS SIZE.UK-7, 9.5, 11 -- AJ7183400
- NIKE LEBRON XII (12) EXT RUBBER CITY VNDS SZ 11.5 744286-001
- Nike Kobe AD Black Fundamentals Mamba Day Men’s Basketball shoes 13
- New Size 7 Nike Air Max 90 Black bluee With Box
- NIKE AIR FLIGHT LITE HIGH SHOES WHITE MAN CANT JUMP BASKETBALL 329984 100
- Men's Nike Air Jordan 3 III Retro True bluee White 2016 OG (Size 8) [854262 106]
- Nike Men's Manoa Leather Hiking Boot 454350 700 Haystack Velvet Brown
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with