Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Jordan 2007 Aqua 8 Size 8 Nike 1 2 3 4 Lebron 5 6 7 9 Yeezy 10 11 12
- Nike Cortez SE Diffused Taupe Light Brown Metallic gold Girls Women's Trainers
- DS Nike LeBron III QS sz11 White Navy 5 7 8 16 superman atmos WTT AO2434 103
- Nike Jordan Hydro X 10 Retro Slide Sandal White Royal-Black Size 12 AA2521 104
- Womans Roshe Hi Two Flyknit size 6.5. Retail over 220. 861708 002
- NIKE WOMENS AF1 FLYNIT LOW BNIB BLK gold WHITE SIZE 9.5 820256 004
- ADIDAS CRAZY 1 ADV SOCK PRIMEKNIT SZ 9 GREY REAL PURPLE WHITE CQ0984
- ADIDAS NMD_R2 WOMAN SIZE 10.0 NEW RARE AUTHENTIC COMFORTABLE STYLISH RUNNING
- Nike Kyrie Irving 3 III Samurai AUTOGRAPHED Size 12 SIGNED 852395 900 bluee Red
- shoes New Balance Ml 574 Egn blue
- NIB PUMA Women's Basket Low-Top Platform Sneakers size 5.5-11
- Nike Zoom Lebron James Men's Size 8 Red White and Black Sneakers 599264-100
- New Nike Hyperdunk 2016 Fk Flyknit Dark Metallic Grey 843390-002 Men size 8
- Nike Blazer Mid ‘77 Vintage Habablack Red Sail-White BQ6806-600 Size 8
- DS 2014 NIKE AIR JORDAN 3 RETRO 136064-004 WOLF GREY aj3 qs US12
- 315583-221 SZ 14 Nike Air Force 1 07 Low Lux Crocodile made in 24k Supreme
- Nike Air Galaxy Nba Allstar Game Collection
- NIKE KYRIE 4 90’s DECADES PACK [943806 902] UNCLE DREW WHAT THE IRVING SZ 10
- Nike Air Presto World Size Small 9- 10 304130-061 NIB New OG 2003 DS
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with