Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Men 11Us Nike Air Jordan 1 A Star Is Born
- Nike Men’s Force Zoom Mike Trout 5 Baseball Turf shoes AH3374-100 Size 9.5
- New Nike Air Presto Ultra Breathe BR Black Anthracite White [898020-003] Size 10
- Nike air Jordan Fusion Ajf 12 Taxi Size 12 (317742 101)
- Puma Safety Footwear Womens Ladies
- Nike Air Jordan Retro 4 IV Tattoo Black Fire Red New Release Size 10.5
- New Nike Free 4.0 Hypervenom 3 FK FC Men US Sz 10.5 898030-004 Black Soccer
- Nike SB TEAM EDITION Team Red Anthracite White 487597-602 (209) Men's shoes
- Women's Nike Air Max 270 Size 8 Light Cream Metallic gold AH6789-203 NEW
- ADIDAS PERFORMANCE MEN SHOES COSMIC 2 SL CP9483 MEN SIZE 8 NEW WITH BOX
- NEW Adidas BB1995 Men EQT Support RF Running shoes White Black Sneakers Men's 12
- Nike Shooting Stars Pack Foamposite Men's size 9 US 679766-900
- Nike Air Max 90 Ultra 2.0 Ease Rare 2016 Dead Stock 95 Premium 97 Leather 1
- New Balance X90 Turnschuhe Nordsee Team Auswärts grey Turnschuhe
- Puma shoes de tennis women black textile
- Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro “Homage” Style Size 9.5
- 2011 Nike Zoom Kobe VI 6 Lower Merion Aces PE Promo Sample Sz 7.5 Prelude Grinch
- Supreme Nike Air Max Tailwind IV Supreme Black Size 11.5
- NIKE AIR JORDAN PINNACLE 1 24K gold BROWN SNEAKER METALLIC US 9 NEW NIB
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with