Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Brand New Nike Air Max 1 Truques Pack Extremely Rare US 9.5 Atmos Parra Safari
- New Nike Terra Sertig Boot Size 9 Anthracite Dragon Red 916830-003 MSRP 160
- NIKE W Nike Flex Trainer 7 898479-100 WHITE Size 5.5
- Adidas Harden LS 2 Lace Maroon Mens Sneaker Sz 9.5 ART CG6277
- Adidas Ultra Boost Game of Thrones GoT Lannister Womens 6.5
- New Balance Men's MT610V5 Trail Sneaker - Choose SZ color
- Asics Gel Lyte Runner Mens Red Textile Athletic Lace Up Running shoes
- Nike Men's Air VaporMax FlyKnit Utility shoes (Game Royal) AH6834-400 225 sze 7
- Nike Lebron Soldier 12 SFG Mens AO4054-004 Black White Basketball shoes Size 9.5
- NEW NIKE Zoom Vapor RF X AJ3 Atmos X Black Clear Jade White 709998-031 Size 7.5
- Men 10Us Nike Atmos Lebron Safari
- Men's Nike Air Jordan golden Harvest US 10.5 New
- NIKE Womens Nike Air Zoom Accurate 909734-001 BLACK Size 8
- Adidas Originals Mens Tubular Instinct Boost Hi Top Lace Up Casual Trainers
- Adidas Women's Originals EQT Support ADV Running shoes Sneakers Sz 6
- Mens NEW BALANCE 373 Black Trainers ML373MMC
- Nike Free Flyknit Chukka 3M WATERREPEL FSB Red Black Boot 805093 603 WMN 9,MEN 8
- Wmns Nike Metcon DSX Flyknit Sz 9-10.5 Black Crimson 849809-002 FREE SHIPPING
- NIKE WOMEN’S WMNS ZOOM FLY TRAINERS SPORTS SHOES COLOR GREY SIZE 8 M US NEW
- RARE Women's Nike Pre Montreal Vintage Running shoes NEW Pink Gum , MSRP 220
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with