Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Men 11Us Nike Air Jordan 1 A Star Is Born
- Nike Men’s Force Zoom Mike Trout 5 Baseball Turf shoes AH3374-100 Size 9.5
- New Nike Air Presto Ultra Breathe BR Black Anthracite White [898020-003] Size 10
- Nike air Jordan Fusion Ajf 12 Taxi Size 12 (317742 101)
- Puma Safety Footwear Womens Ladies
- Air max hyperposite pink size 10
- DS AIR JORDAN 4 RETRO OG “WHITE CEMENT” 2016 SIZE 11
- Nike Shox BB Pro Tb Men's Athletic Sneakers 8.5 White & Red 407628-105 shoes
- W AIR MAX 90 ULTRA BR 725061 300 us-8
- Adidas Energy Boost Techfit Mens Premium Running shoes Gym Trainers Navy
- Adidas Pro Model J Junior GS All Triple White B27451 Shell Toe Boys Girls
- RARE2015 Nike Penny Sharpie Pack QS SZ 10.5 Foamposite 800180-001
- NIKE AIR FORCE 1 PREMIUM 07 MR BALTIMORE HAY WHITE ARMY OLIVE GREEN 315180 211
- New Balance Mens M890M shoes
- Asics Men's Gel Kayano Retro Running Trainers Gecko Green Guava Red orange
- WOMENS NIKE AIR MAX 90 ULTRA ESSENTIAL RED MANGO 724981 602 Size 10
- Nike Women's Air Zoom Prestige Hc Tennis shoes
- New Nike Women's Air Zoom Mariah Flyknit Racer shoes (AA0521-005) Women US 10
- Nike Womens Lunarepic Flyknit Low FK 2 X-Plore Running White Bronze Multi Size
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with