New with box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
Does not apply
Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Nike Mercurial Superfly V AG-Pro Size 9.5 Soccer Cleats 831955-616 Red MSRP 305
- Nike Air Jordan XII Retro 12 Wolf Grey UNC bluee White SZ 9 (130690-007)
- Nike Air Shake Ndestrukt Men's Basketball shoes, 880869 401 Size 10 NEW
- Nike Men's Free Rn Flyknit Racer Running shoes 918264 007 bluee 10
- Nike Air Max Womens Black Athletic shoes 5.5
- Adidas Originals Superstar White Black Sz 10 C77124
- 1811 adidas CLOUDFOAM PURE Women's Training Running shoes B43628
- ADIDAS I-5923 - yellow BIANCO - B37972
- Adidas Women's Adizero Ubersonic 3 Tennis shoes Athletic Sports Medium Size 11.5
- New ADIDAS WOMEN'S ORIGINALS CONTINENTAL 80 SHOES LEGEND PURPLE WHITE ICE MINT
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with