Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Nike Zoom Vapor RF X AM 95 Greedy Size 14 In Hand Free Shipping
- NIKE SB ZOOM ZOOM BLAZER MID QS TRAINERS AH6158090 LANCE MOUNTAIN
- Nike Air Jordan 1 Rebel XX OG 'Top 3' AT4151-001 Women's Size 6-9
- Adidas Originals SuperStar Pride Pack shoes White Rainbow CM7802 Multi Size
- Adidas DB2434 Unisex-Kids X Tango 18.4 Turf Soccer shoes- Choose SZ color.
- Puma RS 100 SNBK bluee White Black Men SZ 8 - 13
- ASICS GEL KAYANO TRAINER KNIT SZ 8.5 CARBON BLACK HN7M4 9790
- Nike Men's Air Max Full Ride TR 1.5 Cross Trainer color Black White-anthracite
- Nike Air Vapormax Flyknit FK Utlity RACER blueE WHITE DEEP BLACK AH6834-402 7.5
- BRAND NEW Nike React Element 87 Size 9.5 Royal Tint Black Wolf Grey AQ1090 400
- NIKE AIR MAX 90 NS GPX AJ7182 - 600 NO BOX TOP
- Nike Zoom JA Fly 2 Mens Track & Field Spikes Purple Black Size 11.5
- Brand New W AF1 Flyknit Low Athletic Fashion Sneakers 820256 103 Wmns SZ 10.5
- NEW ADIDAS Originals Gazelle Athletic shoes Men's Size 11.
- Adidas Originals Stan Smith Clean Leather Trainers S79465 Grey shoes 36 2 3
- New Balance HL754BN Black Leather Fur
- shoes ADIDAS women Sneakers black PU,Scamosciato BB5476
- shoes ADIDAS women grey Gamuza BB5480D
- Adidas DB0641 Womens Ultraboost X Parley Running shoes- Choose SZ color.
- Adidas Womens NMD_R1 W Pink White Black - B37648
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with