Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Nike The Ten Air Max 90 X Off-White “Desert Ore” 2019 Size 8
- RARE 2007 Nike Air Force 1 One KOBE BRYANT LINEN TAN UNIVERSITY blueeE 9
- Nike Air Force 1 AF1 High Print Acid Wash Size 8.5 Mens Black AR1954 001
- Nike AIR JORDAN RETRO 13 XIII BLK GYM RED DIRTY BRED 414571-003 Size 12
- ASICS MAN FREE TIME CASUAL SNEAKER SHOES LEATHER CODE HL7X0 GEL-PTG
- Lebron xi 11 preheat forging iron
- Nike ZOOM AIR 318999-001 Men’s Size 12 US Black Red White Speckles
- NEW MEN'S NIKE EBERNON LOW AQ1775-003
- Nike Womens Free TR 6 PRT Running Trainers 833424 600 Sneakers shoes
- ADIDAS BASKET PROFI OG SIZE 10.5 Q21103
- New Adidas NMD R1 W PK BB2364 Core Black Essential Shock Pink Womens size 8-10
- Nike air vapormax flyknit 2 CHEETAH leopard Sz 7-13 Men shoes jordan AV7973-700
- Nike Zoom Fly SP US 8.5 (AJ9282-600) - Running shoes - BRAND NEW
- Mens New Balance 993 MR993GL Grey White Running shoes Size 7.5(Extra Wide)
- shoes PUMA women BIANCO Cuero natural 367817-001
- NEW Nike KD Trey 5 VI Black Metallic gold White US Men Size 12 AA7067-099
- Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro “Dunk Above The Rim” Style Size 11
- Aj7281-020 Kobe Mamba Rage PRMBasketball Men size 10 ( 75.00)
- Nike AIR Jordan WESTBROOK 0.2 VACHETTA TAN size 15
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with