Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- AIR JORDAN 5 RETRO PREMIUM Size 10.5 DS 100% Authentic 881432-305 W REC
- Nike Men's Air Max 2014 11.5 621077-103 White Hot Yellow Volt Neon 360 90 95 OG
- Nike Lebron 9 IX Elite Home White gold Ix South Beach Size 9
- NIKE PG 2.5 PENDLETON TV PE 2 -NO BOX LID-SZ US MEN'S 9 WMNS 10.5 (C19284 899)
- Puma Rihanna Fenty Hi Top Trainer Black Women’s US Size 7.5 Msrp 190
- Nike Zoom MVP Steve Nash POP Edition white black orange blaze 354189101 SIZE 13
- Nike Basketball PG 2 Palmdale Size 12
- NEW WITH BOX Nike shox gravity men’s Running sneaker sz 9.5
- Nike Cortez '72 847126-001 Black Balsa-Gum Yellow Wmn Sz 8 Leather
- Adidas D Lillard 2 Black Red Boost 13 B42355 Shark Portland Trailblazers 5 Dame
- ADIDAS ORIGINALS TUBULAR DOOM PRIMEKNIT SZ 6 shoes Sneakers Athletic
- Off-White x Nike Zoom Fly SP 4 5.5 7.5 10 11 Tulip Pink AJ4588-600
- Nike Flyknit Trainer Running Mens 7 Black White AH8396-007
- New Balance Mrl 420 Re shoes MRL420RE Zapatillas blue Marino whiteo ML574 373
- Puma Fierce Bleached Oatmeal Whisper White Sneakers Womens Women's Size 10 NIB
- Nike Air Max 270 Flyknit Laser orange bluee Orbit Yellow Black Running AO1023-800
- DS Nike Air Trainer V. VICTOR CRUZ PRM Haystack Red Black Wheat Flax 812637 700
- Nike Kobe 1 Predro Black Out SZ 10 Black White Varsity Purple AQ2728-004
- Air Jordan 7 Retro White Cardinal Red (2006) size 11-no box
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with