Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- AIR JORDAN 5 RETRO PREMIUM Size 10.5 DS 100% Authentic 881432-305 W REC
- Nike Men's Air Max 2014 11.5 621077-103 White Hot Yellow Volt Neon 360 90 95 OG
- Nike Lebron 9 IX Elite Home White gold Ix South Beach Size 9
- NIKE PG 2.5 PENDLETON TV PE 2 -NO BOX LID-SZ US MEN'S 9 WMNS 10.5 (C19284 899)
- Puma Rihanna Fenty Hi Top Trainer Black Women’s US Size 7.5 Msrp 190
- Nike Air VaporMax Black Anthracite Reflect Silver Kids Boys Girls Trainers
- Nike Lebron 8 Summit Lake Hornets - salt lake Size 9.5
- Men's NIKE & Adidas lot 2 pair athletic running shoes - Size 11
- Nike Air Zoom Structure 20 Womens 849577-005 Black Purple Running shoes Size 6
- Men's Brand New Adidas Alphabounce Athletic Fashion Sneakers [BB9043]
- Adidas Dame Damian D Lillard III 3 BY3207 Dark Grey White BY3207 Men's Size 11.5
- THE 10 NIKE AIR VAPORMAX FLYKNIT OFF-WHITE 100% Authentic US 10 BRAND NEW
- Nike Dunk High PRM Linen HI Force One 1 SP Rare DS 9.5
- New Balance 991 Made In England lifestyle casual sneakers black M991-EKS
- NEW ASICS AGGRESSOR 2 LE graffiti WRESTLING SHOES 9
- Nike Air Max 270 Flyknit Laser orange bluee Orbit Yellow Black Running AO1023-800
- DS Nike Air Trainer V. VICTOR CRUZ PRM Haystack Red Black Wheat Flax 812637 700
- Nike Kobe 1 Predro Black Out SZ 10 Black White Varsity Purple AQ2728-004
- Air Jordan 7 Retro White Cardinal Red (2006) size 11-no box
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with