Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- AIR JORDAN 5 RETRO PREMIUM Size 10.5 DS 100% Authentic 881432-305 W REC
- Nike Men's Air Max 2014 11.5 621077-103 White Hot Yellow Volt Neon 360 90 95 OG
- Nike Lebron 9 IX Elite Home White gold Ix South Beach Size 9
- NIKE PG 2.5 PENDLETON TV PE 2 -NO BOX LID-SZ US MEN'S 9 WMNS 10.5 (C19284 899)
- Puma Rihanna Fenty Hi Top Trainer Black Women’s US Size 7.5 Msrp 190
- Nike Zoom kobe 1 predro USA Midnight Navy White Varsity Red Extremely Rare
- Men 10Us Genuine Givenchy Rubber Sandals Black
- Nike sneakers men Black Green Felt Sneakers Size Eleven And Half
- Nike Flyknit Ultra Thea Sneaker White Pink
- NEW Adidas Harden Vol 2 Trace Cargo Basketball 140 AQ0027 size 10.5 Olive
- Adidas Originals Superstar Métal Orteil S75056 Baskets Suède black
- NIKE Air Jordan 11 Retro Space Jam 2016 Release DS NEW Size 11
- Nike HypervenomX Proximo TF Size 12.5 Mens Turf Soccer shoes 747484-700 Volt
- New Balance Ml 574 Ouc shoes da Ginnastica per il Tempo Libero silver Menta
- NWB PUMA BY RIHANNA LEADCAT FENTY clear JELLY SLIDE SANDALS
- Nike Jordan Horizon Men’s Basketball shoes Black Red 823581 001 US Size 13 NEW
- Mens NIKE ZOOM STEFAN JANOSKI CNVS Black Trainers 615957 022
- Mens NIKE ZOOM LITE QS White Trainers 850560 105
- Mens NIKE MARXMAN PREMIUM Black Basketball Trainers 832766 003
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with