Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Air Jordan 6 VI Retro Black Varsity Red 384664-061 Size 10 From 2010 DS
- MEN'S NIKE FLYKNIT RACER TOTAL orange SIZE 14
- Nike Air Huarache Run Ultra SE Mens 875841-600 Team Red Running shoes Size 8.5
- Nike Huarache Run Mens Premium red black Bianco Sneaker Scarpa da Ginnastica
- Asics Gel-Lyte 3 III Laser Cut Alpha Pack tan H5E3L-7171
- Nike Zoom Hypercross TR FSU Florida State Seminoles Size 9.5
- Nike Air Max Penny II 2 White Varsity bluee Black Sneakers Men's Size 8 Brand New
- Nike Zoom XC Track and Field Spikes - Hyper Grape White Black bluee 844132-501
- Nike Roshe One Womens 844994-007 Platinum Pink Purple Running shoes Size 10
- [Adidas] F36392 Grand Court Men Women Running shoes Sneakers White
- ADIDAS WOMENS RUNNING DURAMO 9 DARK blueE REAL MAGENTA SHOES 2018 FREE POST AUST
- FRYE Men's Officer Lace Up Combat Boot - Choose SZ color
- Nike Air Max Terra Sertig ACG Trail Hiking Boots 537695-160 Size 13
- NEW BALANCE 995 SZ 8-13 MADE IN USA NORTHERN LIGHTS PACK BLACK GREY M995SYG
- New in box, Men Asics Gel Saga Black Glow In The Dark shoes size 11.5 H4A0N
- New Balance Men's 997 Suede Trainers, bluee
- NEW NEW BALANCE M576CM4 BURGUNDY CAMO SIZE 13 MADE IN USA MSRP 189.99
- New Balance 530 Mens Sneakers M530PRC MSRP 100
- NEW BALANCE Women's 530 Running shoes sz 9.5 Teal 90's Running Solid Collection
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with