Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Jordan Flight 97 Basketball Men's shoes Size 6.5 Excellent pre-owned condition
- Women's Nike Air Max Torch 4 Running shoes sz 8 White Turq 343851 100 Sequent
- Men's Adidas Yeezy 350 Black Pirate Size 8.5 100% Authentic BB5350
- Adidas Men's 8 Ultra Boost NEW IN BOX - FREE SHIPPING - White Non-Dyed - F36155
- Adidas Women's Questar Ride W Running shoes
- New Balance 997 Air Exploration shoes Black Red Athletic Made In USA Men Size 6
- NIKE AIR FOAMPOSITE PRO PREMIUM AS QS ALL-STAR VACHETTA TAN pink gold SAIL 9.5
- Puma Womens Basket Platform Ocean Trainers Size 6.5 NEW
- Nike Lebron Soldier IX 749417 001 Men Sz 11.5 Blk Silver Basketball shoes 225-3
- Nike MEN'S Air Force 1 '07 WB LOW FLAX WHEAT GUM SIZE 12 BRAND NEW
- Nike Lebron XI 11 Elite BLACK gold SZ 8
- Nike KD IV 4 Black History Month BHM sz 10
- NEW Mens 11.5 Air Zoom Vomero
- NIKE 823299-407 ROSHE CORTEZ blueE orange SWOOSH SNEAKERS mens size 14
- Yeezy 700 Salts Size 12
- Nike Women's Flex Experience RN 7 Black Black Anthracite Running shoes 8.5...
- NIKE FREE TRAINER 3.0 V4 STYLE 749361 066 Size 10.5 120.00 NEW
- NIKE Men's Shox Gravity Nylon Running shoes
- NIKE JORDAN HYDRO 7 MEN SHOES SLIPPER SLIDE SANDAL PANTHER AA2517-001 SZ 12 NEW
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with