Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Nike Air Jordan XII 12 Retro gold WINGS Sz 8 LIMITED 2886 12000 DS 848692-033
- NIKE AIR FOAMPOSITE ONE PRM Men’s US Size 12
- NIKE AIR MAX 1 Essential Mens Size 12.5 537383-122 White - Black - Gamma orange
- Nike Air Pegasus 89 black da men blue purple Scarpa da Ginnastica Sneaker Sport
- Asics Men's Running Sneakers Gel-Quantum 180 3 Black Black
- Nike Air Jordan 6 Retro BLACK INFRARED 23 2014 size 11 384664 023
- Men 10Us Nike Air Jordan 11 Concordo cm
- Nike Air Huarache Mens Team Red Navy Sail Running shoes Size 12 Pre-owned
- Nike WOMEN'S Air Max 97 PRM Premium Snakeskin Black White 917646-001 SZ 5 OG
- Adidas Originals Sl 72 Men's Women's Sneakers Casual shoes Sneakers shoes
- ADIDAS ORIGINALS PRO MODEL BT B39507 COLLEGIATE NAVY blueE OFF WHITE GUM SOLE
- NIKE AIR PIPPEN KITH QS [AH1070 400] FIEG BLACKENED blueE MORE MAX UPTEMPO SZ 13
- Nike Air Force 270 Mens Medium Olive Green shoes AH6772 200
- NEW BALANCE MENS FRESH FOAM CRUZ V1 BLACK SEA SALT SHOES 2018 FREE POST AUST
- New ASICS FuzeX Rush Black - White Men's Running shoes US Size 9
- 100 Men's Nike Free Train Versatility Size 10.5 Red Black Style 833258 606 NEW
- Nike LF1 Lunar Force Reflect Brown Size 10 w Box
- Nike Lebron XIII 13 Lifestyle Team Red gold Studed 806396 600 Mens Size 9.5
- NIKE Men's Tanjun Sneakers 11.5
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with