Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Nike Air Jordan XII 12 Retro gold WINGS Sz 8 LIMITED 2886 12000 DS 848692-033
- NIKE AIR FOAMPOSITE ONE PRM Men’s US Size 12
- NIKE AIR MAX 1 Essential Mens Size 12.5 537383-122 White - Black - Gamma orange
- Nike Air Pegasus 89 black da men blue purple Scarpa da Ginnastica Sneaker Sport
- Asics Men's Running Sneakers Gel-Quantum 180 3 Black Black
- DS Nike Men's KOBE XI 'Fundamentals' Sz 9-13.5 [836183 100]
- Air Max 1 Essential Size 10.5
- Men's Nike Air Force 1 High '07 White Wolf Grey-Purple Venom 315121 117 Sz 11.5
- Nike AIR Zoom Mariah Flyknit Women's shoes Cargo Khaki Cargo Khaki AA0521-301
- Adidas Mens Originals Prophere Lifestyle Athletic shoes CQ2128 Khaki Pink 9
- Adidas Nmd_r1 W Womens CQ2012 ASHPEA,CHAPEA,White Womens Size 10
- NIKE KOBE IX 9 ELITE LOW FLYKNIT ID MULTI COLOR SZ 9 SUPER RARE [677992-995]
- NIKE SOCK DART KJCRD SZ 12 GYM RED SOLAR RED SIREN RED SLIP ON 819686 602
- New Balance 574 Khaki Olive Green White Men Running shoes Sneaker Size 9.5 NIB
- Asics GEL-LYTE MT pink TAUPE US MENS SIZES H8J1L.2626
- 100 Men's Nike Free Train Versatility Size 10.5 Red Black Style 833258 606 NEW
- Nike LF1 Lunar Force Reflect Brown Size 10 w Box
- Nike Lebron XIII 13 Lifestyle Team Red gold Studed 806396 600 Mens Size 9.5
- NIKE Men's Tanjun Sneakers 11.5
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with