Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- KD 4 Weathermans Size 11 Worn 1x Lightly OG ALL +RECEIPT
- NIKE Jordan Horizon LOW shoes Boots Sneakers 845098 001 Falcon SZ 13 BLK RED
- Nike PG-2 TS NCAA March Madness The Moment White Men shoes Sz 13.5 (AJ5163-100)
- NEW NIKE AIR MAX SPEED TURF = SIZE 11.5 = WHITE BLACK TRAINING SHOES 525225-180
- The Offspring x Asics Gel Lyte V Cobblestone size 13
- Nike Air Jordan 5 Retro White Metallic Grey 2015 Basketball shoes Size 10.5 DS
- Nike Air Max 95 Mens Size 10 White Grey Black With Purple - Only Worn 2X
- Nike Men's Size 9.5 US bluee
- NikeLab Womens Winter Boots Gyakusou Gaiter Sneakers White (US 7)
- ADIDAS EQT SUPPORT 93 17 WHITE blueE BLACK BZ0592
- Adidas Superstar Cg5463 white Mod. Cg5463
- Nike Trainer Clean Sweep QS Super Bowl Trophy Ltd Release Won't Find DS 2013
- Air Jordan Future Premium Glow Men’s shoes Size 10 NEW. Nike Jordan 652141 003
- MEN'S SHOES SNEAKERS NEW BALANCE [ML574NCB]
- Puma St Runner Nl, Unisex Adults' Trainers Pink (Fandango Pink 33) 4 UK
- Nike Roshe One Rosherun Pure Platinum Calypso 511881 013 Men Sizes flyknit run
- Nike Air Fast N' Low 344089-111 mens shoe size 13 New basketball white RARE
- Nike Force Zoom Trout 4 Turf Men’s 10 Wolf Grey Black-Cool Grey 917838-002 New
- Nike Jordan 497811-202 Brown Hiker Style Mens Size 12
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with