Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- LEBRON 15 LIFESTYLE 'KITH CITY OF ANGELS' - WHITE WHITE-WHITE - AO1068-103
- Nike Air Huarache Run PRM Black Snakeskin Grey White Limited 704830-001 Sz 11
- Adidas Yeezy 350 V2 Butter Sz. 11 Brand New 100% Authentic
- ADIDAS Twinstrike ADV Stretch Leather Mens Size 11 Black White B28015
- ADIDAS SUPERSTAR II PHARRELL WILLIAMS SHELL TOE TRAINERS SIZE 5 UK KHAKI RARE
- Puma Suede Mens Trainers Puma Black Silver Model 366102 01
- ASICS T749n-9090 GEL Kayano 24 Carbon Black Men's Running shoes Size 10.5 US
- Nike Free RN Flyknit 2018 Game Royal bluee Mens Running All NEW
- Nike SB Dunk High Premium FiveOneO 8
- Nike Air VaporMax Flyknit 2 NRG 'Jacket Pack' shoes -Size 12 -AT8955 600 New
- Nike Jordan 7 Retro Miro
- Men's Nike Tanjun black size8.5
- NIKE Womens Nike Air Max Sequent 3 908993-100 WHITE HYPER JADE-BLACK Size 9.5
- ADIDAS PUREBOOST DPR LTD BRAND NEW (SIZE 10.5) CG2995
- Womens adidas Originals Samba pink Casual shoes Soft Vision White Gum CG6205 PUR
- New Balance x Firmament EPICTRFIR Edition Men Size 11.5 NEW 100% Authentic
- Nike Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium NRG ‘Revis Island’ –Size 10.5
- Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG Carmine White - 555088 123 size 12 Adult
- Nike Air Max Plus BR TN Men's Running shoes - Black White 898014-001 MSRP 160
- Nike Lebron 13 Elite Size 10.5
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with