Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Air Jordan 6 Retro Unc Size 8.5
- Air Footscape Magista FK FC MSRP 200 Red Black 830600-600
- NIKE SONIC FLIGHT SIZE 9.5
- Nike Men's AIR MAX FLAIR SE shoes Obsidian AA4084-400 b
- Asics Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66 shoes Retro Sneaker Aluminium Birch D4J2L-9602
- AIR JORDAN 8 RETRO PHOENIX SUNS 2013 - ITEM NUMBER 11-126
- Nike Air Max LTD orange black white
- 2014 Nike Sz 11.5 Men's Hyperdunk Basketball shoes 653640-800 Mango Black
- NIKE Womens Nike Flex Supreme Tr 6 909014-003 GUNSMOKE Size 8
- Adidas Mens Originals - I-5923 SHOES - INIKI Boost - Running Sneakers [B37946]
- ADIDAS NEO CODERBY VULC VULCAN Mens Lead F38648 NEW
- Nike Adapt BB Self Lacing AO2582-001 Black White Pure Platinum Size 9.5
- Nike Air Huarache Utility - 806807 003
- New Balance M991 Purple & Grey Made In England Trainers
- Asics GEL Dynamic Duomax Surveyor 5 Black Onyx Running shoes Sz 13 NEW T6B4N
- Nike Zoom Mercurial XI FK FC Pink Blast White Flyknit QS 852616-100 sz 10 200
- Nike Men's Rn 2018 Running shoes 10 M US Green Abyss White-bluee Force-Volt
- 2012 Nike Lebron 9 Ix Asg Galaxy Big Bang Sz 5.5Y orange Cavs Heat
- Nike Air Huarache Run Ultra SE Mens 875841-600 Team Red Running shoes Size 11.5
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with