Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Air Jordan 6 Retro Unc Size 8.5
- Air Footscape Magista FK FC MSRP 200 Red Black 830600-600
- NIKE SONIC FLIGHT SIZE 9.5
- Nike Men's AIR MAX FLAIR SE shoes Obsidian AA4084-400 b
- Asics Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66 shoes Retro Sneaker Aluminium Birch D4J2L-9602
- Nike Air Skylon II 2 x FEAR OF GOD shoes Size710 Mens Sneakers BQ2752-100 White
- Nike SB Zoom Blazer Mid Binary bluee Dark Team Red 864349-467 Men's Multi Size
- Nike Kobe X Elite EXT QS Mid Basketball shoes White Mamba 802366-100
- NIKE AIR MAX 90 ULTRA 2.0 FLYKNIT WHITE SIZE WOMEN'S 11 MEN 9.5 [881109-104]
- Adidas NMD R1 Trace Green PADS VNDS Size 11
- Adidas Superstar Glossy Toe Womens Style S76723 bluee Womens Size 7.5
- NIKE air jordan infrared 27.0 cm from japan (5395
- Mens Nike Air Max 1 Premium Safari Desert Camo Size 9 512033-203 Running shoes
- NW BLNC MNS RNNNG - MR1224NR color WHITE NAVY RED
- ASICS Men's GT-1000 5 Running shoes - Charcoal Grey bluee SIZE 14
- Nike Zoom Mercurial XI FK FC Pink Blast White Flyknit QS 852616-100 sz 10 200
- Nike Men's Rn 2018 Running shoes 10 M US Green Abyss White-bluee Force-Volt
- 2012 Nike Lebron 9 Ix Asg Galaxy Big Bang Sz 5.5Y orange Cavs Heat
- Nike Air Huarache Run Ultra SE Mens 875841-600 Team Red Running shoes Size 11.5
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with