Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- AIR JORDAN 5 RETRO PREMIUM Size 10.5 DS 100% Authentic 881432-305 W REC
- Nike Men's Air Max 2014 11.5 621077-103 White Hot Yellow Volt Neon 360 90 95 OG
- Nike Lebron 9 IX Elite Home White gold Ix South Beach Size 9
- NIKE PG 2.5 PENDLETON TV PE 2 -NO BOX LID-SZ US MEN'S 9 WMNS 10.5 (C19284 899)
- Puma Rihanna Fenty Hi Top Trainer Black Women’s US Size 7.5 Msrp 190
- Nike Air Max 90 Ultra Superfly Tinker Hatfield 850613-001 Mens Sz 9
- NIKE Air Huarache Drift Premium - Men's Size 10 - Brand New Streetwear shoes
- Brand New in Box NIKE MARXMAN Men's shoes RED Gift 4 HIM basketball shoes
- Nike womens rosherun flyknit running trainers 704927 600 sneakers shoes
- New Men's Adidas Pharrell Williams Holi Tennis Hu shoes Sneaker DA9618 Size 10.5
- Adidas Springblade Nanaya Women's AQ5247 Running Training Red Mint Rare
- Nike Air Jordan Retro 4 Premium Pony Hair Black Pinnacle SZ 13
- Nike Air Zoom Rookie Size 13 Men
- AUTHENTIC New Balance Lazr Hypo Knit Mens Running shoes (D) (MLZHKLP2)
- Fenty Puma By Rihanna Black Platform Boots Sz 6 As Is Combat
- NEW Nike Sock Dart Mid Stone Island Black 910090-001 US 9
- Nike Men Air Zoom Structure 21 shoes Running Burgundy Sneakers shoes 904695-600
- New Nike Jordan Air Future Basketball shoes 11 Volt White
- Nike Jordan Ultra.fly 2 shoes Pallacanestro High Top Sneaker Black Jade
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with