Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- KD 4 Weathermans Size 11 Worn 1x Lightly OG ALL +RECEIPT
- NIKE Jordan Horizon LOW shoes Boots Sneakers 845098 001 Falcon SZ 13 BLK RED
- Nike PG-2 TS NCAA March Madness The Moment White Men shoes Sz 13.5 (AJ5163-100)
- NEW NIKE AIR MAX SPEED TURF = SIZE 11.5 = WHITE BLACK TRAINING SHOES 525225-180
- The Offspring x Asics Gel Lyte V Cobblestone size 13
- Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG Turbo Green
- Nike Men's Roshe One Running shoes Light Taupe Sail White Black 511881-205
- Nike Air Penny 5 Miami Dolphins Style Size 10.5
- New Nike Air Max Thea Black on Black Silver Rare colorway sz 7 Running Sneakers
- Adidas Originals I-5923 Black Black US sz13 new iniki runner
- Adidas Energy Boost Size 10.5 M (B) 3 Women's Running shoes Grey BB3456
- Nike Air Max 1 Ultra 2.0 LE
- Nike Jordan Westbrook O Men Basketball shoes Size 10 Black gold 768934-010 SZ 10
- Men 9.5Us 08 Nike Dunk Sb Mid Elite Us9.5
- Nike Air Max Prime Medium Olive Size 8 UK BNIB Genuine Authentic Mens Trainers 1
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with