Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Men 11Us Nike Air Jordan 1 A Star Is Born
- Nike Men’s Force Zoom Mike Trout 5 Baseball Turf shoes AH3374-100 Size 9.5
- New Nike Air Presto Ultra Breathe BR Black Anthracite White [898020-003] Size 10
- Nike air Jordan Fusion Ajf 12 Taxi Size 12 (317742 101)
- Puma Safety Footwear Womens Ladies
- NEW NIKE AIR FOAMPOSITE ONE MIDNIGHT NAVY GUM LIGHT BROWN 314996-405 SZ 9
- NIKE CORTEZ BASIC LEATHER WHITE WHITE GREY CLASSIC MENS SHOES
- Nike Air Zoom Vomero 11 Black White Men's Running shoes Sz 14 (818099-001)
- Women's Nike SF Air Force 1 Mid shoes Black Dark Hazel SZ 7.5 [AA3966 003]
- Adidas Original Superstar S75874 Sneakers shoes Black shoes Foot Wear
- Adidas NMD_R1 Grey Women's Trainers All Sizes Limited Stock
- Parra x Nike Air Max 1 2018 Brand New Size 11.5 AT3057-100
- NIKE Mens Jordan True Flight Basketball shoes
- NEW BALANCE Mens MW928WT WALKING Sneakers Sz 8 1 2 GB12
- PUMA Suede Candy Princess Sophia Webster Womens bluee Suede Sneakers shoes
- Nike Air Pegasus A T Winter QS Mens Size 11 shoes AO3296 200 Pinnacle Light
- Nike Lunar TR1 MP Size 11.5 Manny Pacquiao Edition 540942-401 Royal White Red
- NIKE MEN'S NSW COURTSIDE WOVEN MEN'S SIZE 6 AND 6.5 NEW BOX BLACK 555102 001
- New Nike Air Max Plus TN Breeze Black Summit White 898014-001 Men's Size 13
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with