Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Men 11Us Nike Air Jordan 1 A Star Is Born
- Nike Men’s Force Zoom Mike Trout 5 Baseball Turf shoes AH3374-100 Size 9.5
- New Nike Air Presto Ultra Breathe BR Black Anthracite White [898020-003] Size 10
- Nike air Jordan Fusion Ajf 12 Taxi Size 12 (317742 101)
- Puma Safety Footwear Womens Ladies
- 1811 Nike Jordan Jumpman Z Men's Sneakers Sports shoes AQ9119-100
- NIKE DUNK LOW PRO SB BLACK CLEAR JADE WHITE AQUA blueE DIAMOND 304292-030 Sz8.5
- Nike Af1 Mid 07 “white Navy” Size 10
- Nike Womens Dunk Hi Ease Trainers 896187 Sneakers shoes 200
- Adidas Alphabounce Reflective HPC AMS white shoes Women's size 7 running sneaker
- Adidas Originals W NMD R1 Runner Boost Core Black Mint Icy bluee BY9951 Gy
- 2010 DS Nike Air Jordan Doernbecher 3 III Brand New Retro Size 10
- Nike SF AF1 Casual Mens Air Force 1 Special Field Boots shoes blueee 864024-401
- SNEAKERS MAN NEW BALANCE LIFESTYLE M1530OGG UK SHOES MEN CASUAL SNKRSROOM GREY
- ASICS GEL LYTE SPEED SZ 9.5 CLASSIC blueE EASTER PACK H615L 4242
- 1903 Nike KYRIE 5 EP Men's Basketball shoes AO2919-100
- NEW Nike AirMax 90 Sz 9 RARE Mens Boot Sneakerboot shoes Wheat Waterproof Suede
- 2019 Nike Air Jordan 13 Retro SZ 11.5 Atmosphere Grey White Black 414571-016
- Nike Air Force 1 (Penny) Brand New Size 10.5 Rare
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with